Dylan entered the world of strength training at the age of 14, and has pursued it with a passion ever since. Unfortunately, some of his early instruction was suboptimal, and he sustained a significant lower back injury while following the improper techniques he had learned. Dylan had back surgery and then worked with several physical therapists before returning to the gym. With an L5/S1 herniated disk, Dylan had a newfound motivation to learn the right ways to move, train, and get stronger. Dylan graduated from James Madison University with a BS in Kinesiology and a Minor in Business and became a competitive powerlifter. He transformed his own training and has since brought these healthy and highly effective techniques to personal training clients throughout the Northern Virginia area.
I work with a wide variety of clients who have goals ranging from weight loss, to competitive powerlifting, physique development, and high school athletics. The underlying principles of fitness that get these clients to their goals are the same: muscle, strength, and cardiovascular fitness are forged in the gym, while a lean and healthy looking body is built in the kitchen.
- Lower back injuries
- Weight loss
- Strength training
- Youth athletics and group instruction
How to get the most out of a session with Dylan:
- Show up ready to work hard or don't show up at all
- Focus on the task at hand. Letting your mind drift will negatively affect your training
- Don't blindly accept fitness industry "truths." Asking questions is the best way to learn
- I will never quit on you. Don't quit on me.
- BS Kinesiology, JMU
- NSPA CPT
- USAW Level 1
- NPTI Certified Trainer and Nutrition Coach
- USAPL Club Coach and State Referee