Have you ever played the game, two truths and a lie? If I was Dylan, I would say, "1. I love rollercoasters. 2. I love carrot cake. 3. I love kittens." Which would the lie be? OF COURSE it is the "I love rollercoasters." Because he hates them.
He loves kittens. He also loves... carrot cake. But he doesn't eat it because it is made with a ton of sugar. My solution was to scour Pinterest until I came up with a somewhat healthy recipe and provide my husband with some go-to carrot cake muffins, packed with great carbs/fat and even protein for him to grab and unapologetically, enjoy.
Any fit household probably has every single one of these ingredients, so they're pretty low hassle and easy to put together. They also taste really good! Hope you love them!I
- 1 Large banana (or 120g to be exact!)
- Few dashes of cinnamon to your preference
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1oz sugar free syrup
- 1oz mixed nuts
- 3oz Shredded Carrots
- 1 scoop vanilla Casein Protein (~24g protein)
- Melt your coconut oil in the microwave for 20 seconds
- Dice your mixed nuts on a cutting board. Set aside
- Grab your blender and blend up the banana, egg, coconut oil, whole wheat flour, almond milk, carrots and casein and turn that baby "on!"
- Pour mixture into a large bowl
- Mix in the cinnamon, vanilla extract, baking powder, sugar free syrup and chopped nuts into bowl
- Spoon the batter out into your empty muffin wrappers!
- Bake on 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until they start to brown on top. Check the center with a toothpick! If any batter sticks to the toothpick after you stick the toothpick in the muffin, then put them back in the oven!
Yields 7 Muffins
Macros: (Protein(P) / Carb (C) / Fat (F)
Recipe Total: 45g P/54g F/95g C
Per Muffin: 6.5g P/7.5g F/13.5g C
All right, get to work baking! If you're feeling generous, Dylan and I love taste testing client's concoctions, recipes, leftovers, etc, etc. Bring them in the studio and we will honestly tell you how they taste!