Quick to make & no bake? Check.
Treats for the Fam? Check.
Enter -> White Chocolate Cranberry, No-Bake, Protein Cookies!
(GF= The gluten free option. I made mine with "gluten")
- 2 cups Buckwheat Flour (GF oat flour - which is rolled oats ground into a flour)
- 3 scoops of Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Whey (GF can sub for another 1/2 cup oat flour)
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut flour
- A few twists of Sea Salt (optional)
- A few packets of Stevia (to taste, optional)
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (I used chunky peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon honey (GF brown rice syrup)
- 1 cup almond milk
- EITHER 3 squares of Ghirardelli White Chocolate OR for EXTRA PROTEIN, use Quest's White Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bars
- 1/3 cup of dried cranberries (can sub dried cherries, or raspberries -if you do, let me try them!)
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, vanilla protein powder, sweetener of choice, and sea salt -mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine nut butter and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds-ish until melted.
- Add your liquid mixture to the dry mixture and mix until crumbly.
- Slowly add almond milk, about 1/8 cup at a time. Stir until the thick dough has formed.
- Dice up the white chocolate on a cutting board. Add white chocolate and cranberries to the dough.
- Using your hands, kneed the dough until everything is fully incorporated.
- Use a tablespoon and put two tablespoons worth of dough in your palm. Roll it and pat it into a ball.
- Place ball of cookie dough onto the tray. Use a fork and press down twice.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before consuming. Then, Voila!
Depending on the protein powder and/or if you use all of the flours, you may need more or less almond milk.
These can be stored at room temp. If kept in the refrigerator, you may want to thaw a few minutes before consuming.
The most important part of this! The whole batch of dough will yield you 306g Carbs/ 95g Fats/ 149g Protein (without Quest bars)
With two tablespoons of dough per cookie, I got 23 cookies out of this!
Drum roll please!!!
Each cookie is 13g Carbs / 4g Fat / 5g Protein.
About the Author: Lyndsey Smith
An athlete since she could walk, Lyndsey has a vast competitive sports background. With over ten years of travel soccer for a local Vienna, Virginia team, Lyndsey has dabbled in multiple years of extra club soccer, ice skating, gymnastics, softball, cheerleading, running, and her most recent endeavor is her new found love for Powerlifting. Lyndsey's husband, Dylan Smith, started coaching her in 2011. She jokes that Dylan got her hooked on strength training once he introduced her to Muscle Milk Light, but the truth is, strength training has become an instrumental part in her self empowerment. Lyndsey is the Manager of the Managed Print Solutions Program in Washington, D.C., for Capitol Office Solutions (a subsidiary of Xerox). Every company in Washington, D.C. is either one of Lyndsey's clients, or a potential client. With her full time job, new role (July 3rd, 2015!) as Dylan's wife, and training schedule, Lyndsey is a busy lady! You can find Lyndsey squatting, benching, or deadlifting 3-4X per week, in addition to anything else Dylan has programmed for her.