Everyone knows that carbs are our primary source of energy for high intensity activity and are necessary to replenish glygcogen stores from serious training. Do you ever wish you could eat pizza that was not only delicious but was packed with nutrients to fuel your recovery from hard training? Well brace yourself because now you can! Whether its for a healthy post-workout meal or a quick dinner for the kids. Give my english muffin pizzas a try and you will be amazed!
My favorite post workout pizza meal consists of 3 english muffin halves, 6oz chicken along with a spoonful of marinara on and a little mozzarella on each. This equates to roughly 100g carbs, ~40g protein, and maybe <15g fat depending on sauce and meat used. Feel free to adjust the quantity and ingredients as you need to reach your own nutrition goals.
Cook Time: 12min
Ezekiel English Muffins (sprouted whole grain)
Chicken or lean beef/steak
Organic Marinara Sauce
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1) Pre-heat oven to Broil
2) Thaw english muffins (come frozen) in microwave for ~30sec. Cut into halves and place on cooking sheet covered with non-stick spray
3) Place desired amount of marinara on each english muffin half
4) Place desired amount of protein source (shredded chicken, lean steak, ground beef, etc) on each english muffin
5) Broil for 10min
6) Remove and place desired amount of mozzarella on each pizza
7) Broil for 1-2more min until cheese is melted
8) Remove from oven and shake small amount of oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder on all pizzas