Ever had a late night craving for some frozen goodies but felt too guilty to make the drive to your local ice-cream shop? Now you can have your ice-cream and eat it too! All you will need is an ice-cream maker (find here for ~50$) and some basic ingredients.
My favorite recipe is super simple and yields one delicious bowl of protein packed ice-cream!
Peanut Butter Protein Ice-Cream w/ Quest Peanut Butter Cup Chunks
-Quest Nutrition Peanut Butter Protein (1-2 scoops) (found here)
-Quest Nutrition Cravings Peanut Butter Cups (1 pack) (found here)
Almond Milk (~1 cup) For a low carb and low calorie option
OR Whole milk for DEM GAINZ!
*Optional: heavy cream for added fat calories for those of you partaking in #BulkingSeason this year
1) Make sure internal core of ice-cream maker is fully frozen (~24 hrs in freezer)
2) Add protein powder to mixing bowl or shaker bottle. Slowly add liquid to the protein powder until desired thickness is achieved. Mixture should be quite thick but should pour easily out of bowl or bottle.
3) Turn Ice-cream maker on and pour in protein mixture
4) Allow ice-cream maker to run for ~15min and check for consistency. Longer time will make a thicker ice-cream, shorter time will make more of a soft-serve.
5) While ice-cream is being made, remove one or both of the Quest Cravings Peanut Butter Cups and cut into thick chunks.
5) When ice-cream has finished, remove from maker and serve in a chilled bowl and top with peanut butter cup chunks.
7) Enjoy your delicious muscle building ice-cream guilt free!
*PRO TIP: Any protein powder will do but for extra thick and creamy protein use a Casein protein. A blend like the Quest Nutrition Protein works quite well for a medium-thick consistency. Whey will tend to be thin and runny so is better saved for making protein milk shakes.
Don't be afraid to experiment with the wonderful world of healthy protein ice-cream and let us know about it by posting on Facebook and Instagram with #TrueFN. Also give a shoutout to #QuestNutrition for keeping the protein world stocked with delicious bars, powders, and snacks!